Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Busy Life For Me

As a teacher, I have the wonderful opportunity to hang with my kids all summer. Now, many of my teacher friends enjoy hanging close to home all day. I, however, have decided that hanging out at home all day makes a typical 12 hour day seem like a lifetime (and not in a good way).

Today was my kind of summer day. I woke up and stayed in my pjs until 830. We hopped in the car and dropped off the extra kid we had for a sleepover, went shopping, went to lunch at Applebees (which by the way has $0.99 Kid Meals M-W) and then headed to the pool.

Tess was in heaven with the the kiddie water slide and went down no less than 25 times popping up and screaming "genn" each time that she landed. Emme is Miss Independent and was going off the diving board the big girl water slides by herself the whole afternoon.

We headed home from the pool so that we could grab a quick meal and head to softball games for Lily and Emme.

It was a busy day, much of which was not spent at home. When we finally returned home for the night, the girls were exhausted, but had to explore the newly built deck and are now sound asleep.

This day is the exact opposite of a relaxing day at home, nevertheless, it is the best kind of summer day! And the icing on the cake.....one little girl saying, "I dove you so much mama" as she faded into a deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment