Sunday, March 7, 2010

Monistat

This story seems awful to share, but too good to pass up.

One evening I requested that Emme and Lily get their pajamas on and then brush their teeth. The toothbrushes had to be moved to the master bathroom because they are Barbie and that apparently made them toys. Lily trots in to get them and also grabbed the small tube of toothpaste. She headed to the living room to brush her teeth (isn't that where everyone brushes their teeth??). I happened to walk through the and notice the tube of toothpaste. Not toothpaste. Monistat cream. Lily is brushing away. I of course screamed and grabbed her to start washing it out with water. I managed to calm down enough to call Poison Control. I started the conversation with "this is kind of embarrassing." The woman on the phone assured me that she had heard it all. As I started the stroy, she replied with, "Well I haven't heard that one" Not making me feel better at this point. All ended well though as I now know that Monistat is non-toxic. Lily shared the story with all of her friends the next day stating that "mommy didn't like it when I used her lotion to brush my teeth."

So now you all know that I am a super great mom who puts potentially toxic cream in a place that the 4 year old can easily get to it and that I had a yeast infection.

I now know that Monistat is non-toxic, Lily will use anything as toothpaste, and I am wondering now if I could do some trials and market it as the newest teeth whitening system??

No comments:

Post a Comment